February 18, 2019
My First Workshop
On Saturday, I hosted my very first workshop with the help of four other incredible women in our community! For those of you that couldn’t be there, the main take home messages were improving your self esteem, improving the lives of others, and leaving a legacy in your community. I got to listen to my co-hosts speak about ways that they can be more, and techniques that the attendees could use to improve their own lives. Each co-host gave a short speech of their own, and we did a lot of hands-on learning too. Each attendee also received a headshot, a swag bag filled with lots of goodies, a catered lunch (with a guitar player!), and so much more. It was an incredible and unique event and I AM SOOOO PROUD. Of my co-hosts. Of the women that attended. And of myself! I was never much of a public speaker, but after Saturday I would definitely love to do it again.
I was absolutely blown away by the amazing feedback that we received from the women that attended. If you know me, you know that I’m not really one to toot my own horn. So instead, here are some quotes from the ladies that attended Be More:
- “Absolutely fantastic event! You and these gals are seriously wonderful to listen to!”
- “As a result of this event, I hope to inspire others rather than tear them down and spread the love.”
- “I am so moved by today. As a result of Be More, I will be spreading kindness and improving my self esteem.”
Well, if those comments don’t just move me to tears. Oh. My. Goodness.
To finish it off, I want to share three things that I thought of the very next day. My head hurt, my body hurt, but my soul was oh so inspired.
Three things they never tell you about hosting your own workshop:
- First, you are EXHAUSTED afterward. I slept for 11 hours Saturday night, guys. ELEVEN! That’s crazy!
- Next, you’ll catch the bug. I’m not talking about the flu bug. I mean an inspirational bug. There was such an incredible energy in the room, want to do it all again!
- Lastly, the people attending your workshop can inspire you as much as you intended to inspire them. I got to listen as they opened up their hearts and shared their stories. Personally, I know I have been changed for good by everyone that attended #BeMore. And goodness you guys, I can’t wait to watch you rise together.
Speakers/Co-Hosts: Ashley Eichstadt, Erica Woodbury, Hannah Smith, Jemma Keleher and Emma Jungemann
Venue + Catering: Top Floor Events
Sponsor: Don’t Spill The Beans
T-Shirts: PB Sports