I'm a nationally published wedding and senior photographer, based in Huron, covering Sioux Falls & South Dakota. When I'm not behind the camera snapping away, I'm probably snuggled up on the couch with our sweet pups, watching The Office or Friends (for the forth of fifth time... I've lost count). My favorite moments are the ones that sweep you up and allow you to get lost in the simple mysteries of the world.
Those are the moments I live to capture.
Want to know more?
It all started with four little words…
I believe in you.
Sometimes the people closest to you recognize your potential before you can. When my husband, Jon spoke those words to me and clicked the “purchase” button for the photography course that would launch my hobby into a career, my life changed forever.
I’m still pinching myself.
No matter how many times I get to sit in on someone’s life-changing moment or milestone, it still seems like a dream. Each time I use my camera to show someone how beautiful they truly are, I get that wonderful warm feeling (you know what I mean… it’s the same one you get when you take a huge sip of a warm chai tea latte on a chilly morning).
I’m so blessed to do this job, and I am so proud to be one of the only female photographers in Huron, South Dakota. My big heart and “instant bestie” personality make me the perfect person to tell your story.
You’ll see why most people describe my work as natural, light, and happy. I love to play up the natural colors of our beautiful world and keep things as real as possible.
My goal as a photographer is to showcase you and the beauty that surrounds you, whether we’re enjoying the magical beauty of the Dakota prairie grass at sundown or I’m taking your photo in Antarctica amongst the penguins (it’s on my bucket list… a girl can dream, right?)
- We could all use a little more positivity and silliness. That’s why I make getting your photo taken a fun and uplifting experience rather than an awkward, uncomfortable one.
- The best way to get over that afternoon slump is an Ellen-style dance break (my go-to picks are “Party in the USA” or a good old-fashioned Disney tune).
- Ice cream should be an acceptable meal any time of the day.
- There’s nothing quite like the feeling you get when your craft project turns out perfectly.
- The story you’re creating every single day is worth documenting, because life moves fast and we need to hit “pause” every so often so we don’t miss it.
You'll be hearing from me very soon. I can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans!
In the meantime, check out my blog or one of the social media options below.
your message has been sent.